By Matt O'Bryant
Welcome back everyone,
Yesterday we got confirmation that the new trailer for The Force Awakens would indeed be dropping at Star Wars Celebration on the 16th of this month. Presumably it will also drop sometime online after that and there has been endless reports and speculation that everyone will be treated to the trailer on may 1st because it will be attached to Avengers: Age of Ultron! We now have a new description for that new trailer!
Warning Spoilers Below!:
From our friends at Making Star Wars:
- The teaser runs at about a one minute and fifty seconds, just under two minutes.
- Han, Leia, Artoo and Threepio.
- We do see Yavin in the teaser.
- We see a shot of Finn with a blue lightsaber.
- There is a shot of Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie), the chrome Stormtrooper, very briefly.
- We do see Kylo Ren’s helmeted face.
- We see Poe Dameron shoot down a TIE fighter.
- A shot of Finn and Poe walking past one another at the base.
- Rey is in a few shots.
- There is a shot of Poe Dameron, Artoo-Detoo, See-Threepio, and a CGI character (Rose).
- BB-8 socketed in the back of an X-wing.
- Kylo Ren’s Imperial shuttle flies by with TIE escorts to the Star Destroyer.
- Star Destroyer(s).
- The Falcon.
- X-wing fighters flying in a V-shape formation.
- Darth Vader’s helmet sitting on a podium.
- No Serkis.
- No Luke.
Now even though that description sounds pretty badass and that it comes from a trusted source like Making Star Wars doesn't mean that it will definitely be correct. Take this report with a grain salt, it could have been leaked by the studio on purpose as a huge swerve to get everyone off the trail. But we have even more below check it out!
Here is a much different description and/or perhaps just more detailed segments of this trailer from Star Wars Underworld :
- The opening sequence begins on the desert landscape, a dusty star destroyer crashed into the sand. Looks like it’s been there for many years.
- Following cut, characters Rey and Finn and our favorite rolling robot BB-8 are making their way through a crowd in the fleamarket a very Tatooine-ish type of scenario.
- Next, we have Rey looking through the trees, in a Yavin-like scenario, as TIE fighters fly overhead.
- The next scene he told us about, were pilots running to their ships in their old-school style X-wing gear… yeah… orange!
- Now it really starts to get interesting… Towards the end of the trailer, from behind, we will see Han Solo, vest and all. Complete traditional garb, the way we remember his, as he sits down and re-acquaints himself with the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon.
- As if this wasn’t good enough – brace yourselves – because this last scene has not been described by any other website yet. As far as we know, this is an exclusive…
- This last scene shows a gloved hand pulling something out of a pile of ash. As it comes into the clear, it begins to take the shape of Vader’s former helmet… what’s left of it. Here’s the interesting part:
- Remains of a skull still reside in the helmet.
Below is an artist rendition of a shot the source saw in the new trailer:
Wow! Wow! I can't wait to lay my eyes on this incredible trailer! It seems like J.J. Abrams and company have something very special in-store for us in a couple weeks!
Check back later for more Star Wars Updates, thanks for stopping by!
Leave you thoughts in the comments section below!
Like, Share, and Follow us on Facebook @EASTCOASTMOVIEGUYS
Source: MakingStarWars.net, Starwars7news.com, Starwarsunderworld.com