By Matt O'Bryant
What's up guys and gals,
We are almost there everyone! Just a little over a month away until we all get to enjoy Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Just to hold you over until December 18th. Lucasfilm & Disney has teamed up with Entertainment Weekly to bring you a special double issue of the magazine this week devoted to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The special edition double issue magazine comes in four different collectors edition covers featuring Han Solo, Rey, Finn, and C-3PO with R2D2. We have all the covers for you to check out below and also a preview of what you will be able to see in this weeks issue of EW.
Check out the details below & all four Entertainment Weekly covers:
Behind-the-scenes of The Force Awakens
- From the origins of George Lucas handing off his saga to a new generation, to how the artists and storytellers unleashed their imaginations to come up with new creatures, locations, and characters. This story talks to the major players and reveals never-before-seen images from the film.
We go light on spoilers, but Abrams does tease a few character details, including background on Lupita Nyong’o’s alien pirate Maz Kanata, what name Princess Leia is known by now, and what we need to know about Starkiller Base, the planet-sized weapon glimpsed in the movie’s poster.
The Return of Han Solo
- We venture into Harrison Ford’s airplane hangar in Santa Monica for an in-depth interview with the death-defying actor about surviving his real-life plane crash, surviving a Millennium Falcon door slamming on him during filming, and Han Solo surviving long enough for the actor to play him again.
Where Is Luke Skywalker?
- We can’t answer that question. (That’s the movie’s job.) But Abrams and Mark Hamill explain how the last Jedi went from hero to intergalactic man of mystery. The galaxy’s memory of Skywalker may have faded, but don’t worry – the filmmakers have not forgotten him.
Finn and Rey
- Daisy Ridley and John Boyega talk about breaking down racial and gender barriers in Star Wars, as well as finding friendship – in real life, and onscreen – through a desert scavenger and a runaway stormtrooper who have more in common than you’d expect.
Creatures and Vehicles
- Secrets of BB-8 and the Jakku alien huckster known as Bobbajo, and tech specs from the production design team for Rey’s rust-flecked speeder and the refurbished Millennium Falcon.
Dressing the Galaxy
- Molly Smith writes about the costumes and make-up of The Force Awakens and its predecessors, detailing the secrets of Kylo Ren’s mask, Han Solo’s jacket, and Rey’s desert gear – and some of the more iconic outfits from the original trilogy.
The 1-Minute Guide
- Your go-to guide to each of the previous six Star Wars films. Kevin P. Sullivan’s wry rundown is for those who, you know, haven’t had time over the past 38 years to stay current.
- Once there was the “expanded universe,” and then it shrunk. Darren Franich explores the known reaches of which stories make up the current Star Wars galaxy, from the comics, to games, novels, TV and film.
Leave us your thoughts on the cool information we could be getting in this issue, and your thoughts on the cool covers in the comments below, thanks!
Star Wars: The Force Awakens hit theaters on December 18th.
SOURCE: ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY
LIKE, SHARE, AND FOLLOW US ON ALL SOCIAL MEDIA BELOW, THANKS!