By Matt O'Bryant
What's up guys and gals,
The good folks over at MakingStarWars have been informed from mulitiple sources some major details involving the "state of the galaxy" by or during Star Wars: Episode VIII which would mean a lot of these events and descriptions below would have happened after Return of the Jedi and during The Force Awakens, so precede with caution if you do not want any spoilers on the film.
WARNING SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT!
According to MakingStarWars:
- Well before the events of The Force Awakens, Supreme Leader Snoke began corrupting the Republic senate set up after Return of the Jedi.
- Senators in the Republic remember the opulence of the Imperial Senate before Emperor Palpatine stabbed them in the back and Snoke’s allure is rather seductive for the greedy politicians.
- Treaties were signed stopping the Republic from attacking the First Order as long as they remained in the Outer Rim, well beyond the Republic territories.
- General Organa started the secret Resistance as she felt the First Order would one day attack and she would need a force to thwart their advancements while the Republic gained its senses.
- These corrupt and old Imperial Senators (now Republic senators) want the First Order to prevail so they can reinstate the Imperial Senate under which they once prospered.
- After the events of The Force Awakens, the First Order is known to be a threat because of the use of the Starkiller and the treaty is effectively broken.
- The Republic is ripped apart as Senators side with Snoke and others side with democracy.
- The Galactic Civil War returns and the Galaxy can no longer pretend like it solved the crisis after Palpatine’s death.
Now even though the good folks over at MakingStarWars have a pretty good track record when it comes to these rumors, remember this is just a rumor. Nothing has been confirmed so take all this with a big grain of salt. With that being said this does sound like the type of backstory that is very possible. In fact I'd say the biggest flaw with this report is that is may sound to perfect. We will just have to wait and see if these cool details pan out to be true.
Leave us your thoughts on these rumors below in the comments.
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS hits theaters on December 18th, 2015.
STAR WARS: EPIDSODE VIII hits theaters on May 26th, 2017.
SOURCE: MAKINGSTARWARS, DISNEY, STARWARS
LIKE, SHARE, AND FOLLOW US ON ALL SOCIAL MEDIA BELOW, THANKS!