'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' First Official Image, Plus Full Cast & Crew Announced!!
By Matt O'Bryant
What's up guys and gals,
Earlier today at D23 EXPO, Lucasfilm and Disney unveiled the first photo for their first Star Wars Anthology film officially titled Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Along with the photo, Lucasfilm officially announced the cast and crew, plus some small details about the production on the film.
Check out the photo below:
Get the details below:
- The film will be directed by Gareth Edwards (Godzilla, Monsters).
- Rogue One tells the story of resistance fighters who have united to steal plans to the dreaded Death Star.
- To create the lived-in, realistic feel of Rogue One, Edwards chose Greig Fraser (Zero Dark Thirty, Foxcatcher) to be his director of photography and Neil Corbould (Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan) to be his special effects supervisor.
- Star Wars and Lucasfilm veteran Doug Chiang (Star Wars: Episodes I-II, Forrest Gump) and Neil Lamont (supervising art director for the Harry Potter series, Edge of Tomorrow) will be the production designers.
- Additional crew members will include stunt coordinator Rob Inch (World War Z, Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger).
- Creature effects supervisor Neal Scanlan (Prometheus) and co-costume designers Dave Crossman (costume supervisor for the Harry Potter series, Saving Private Ryan) and Glyn Dillon (costume concept artist for Kingsman: The Secret Service, Jupiter Ascending).
Check out the amazing cast below for Rogue One
Felicity Jones, nominated for an Academy Award for her leading role in The Theory of Everything.
Ben Mendelsohn, recently nominated for an Emmy for his leading role in Bloodline and co-starring in the upcoming Mississippi Grind.
Diego Luna, who was featured in 2008’s Oscar-winning Milk and the critically acclaimed Killing Them Softly.
Forest Whitaker, recently featured in the critically-acclaimed Lee Daniels’ The Butler and winner of an Academy Award for his leading role in 2006’s The Last King of Scotland.
Donnie Yen, Hong Kong action star and martial artist who starred in Ip Man and Blade II;
Jiang Wen, who co-wrote, produced , directed and starred in the award-winning Let the Bullets Fly and Devils on the Doorstep;
Mads Mikkelsen, who starred in The Hunt and was the memorable villain from 2006’s Casino Royale.
Riz Ahmed, who was recently featured in Nightcrawler and starred in the BAFTA-winning film Four Lions.
Alan Tudyk, who plays a performance-capture character in Rogue One, stars in the soon-to-be-released Con Man series and Trumbo, which releases this November.
STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE hits theaters on December 16th, 2016