Badass New 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Stills Drop Online!!
By Matt O'Bryant
What's up guys and gals
Earlier this morning Entertainment Weekly released the cover of their upcoming Fall Movie Preview Issue which includes new pictures and details from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The issue is set to hit shelves this Friday. Lucky for us we don't have to wait until Friday to check out all of the amazing pictures along with some short descriptions of each one. Many of these descriptions are quite interesting.
Check out all the pictures below:
Daisy Ridley's Rey and John Boyega's runaway stormtrooper Finn flee from The First Order on the desert world Jakku in this new shot
Kylo Ren (played by Adam Driver) strikes a pose with his homemade lightsaber. It turns out, his true identity has been masked from us in more ways than one …
After a violent escape, John Boyega's Finn runs from the wreckage of a TIE fighter, afraid, desperate, but lucky to be alive.
Rey (Daisy Ridley) meets up with BB-8 while cutting him free from a fellow scavenger’s net. But what is that large creature — and who is riding atop it?
Old friends, but in a new time and place. R2-D2 seems to have hardly changed, but C-3PO (played by Anthony Daniels) now sports an unexplained red arm.
Squad goals. Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and a team of merciless First Order stormtroopers lay waste to a peaceful Jakku village.
Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux, a cruel leader of The First Order who craves to show the galaxy his might.
Inside this shimmering armor is a warrior for The First Order, Captain Phasma (played by Gwendoline Christie of Game of Thrones). Her character's name has an unexpected origin...
There's a reason the X-Wing fighter is black, but J.J. Abrams wants to keep that a mystery for now. Stealth tech? This is another previously seen shot from the Star Wars Celebration fan event in April.
Director J.J. Abrams relaxes on the set of The First Order's Starkiller Base with his co-writer Lawrence Kasdan (The Empire Strikes Back). Note the dark red script pages in Kasdan's hand, a security measure to prevent copying.
Director J.J. Abrams and actress Daisy Ridley in a previously released behind-the-scenes shot. Abrams was recruited to join the film when Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy asked him a question about another young Star Wars desert-dweller...
"Chewie, we're home." Entertainment Weekly's Star Wars: The Force Awakens report will include the story of Harrison Ford's emotional first day on set.
Here is a list of questions EW will ask J.J. Abrams in an Exclusive interview:
- Before signing on to direct, what was the question Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy asked Abrams about the galaxy that made him decide he had to know the answer, even if it meant devising it himself?
- Who is Adam Driver’s villainous wielder of the crossguard-lightsaber? What is his relationship with Darth Vader … and is Kylo Ren his original name?
- What was it like on Harrison Ford’s first day back on the clock as Han Solo, when he finally set foot back on the Millennium Falcon after three decades?
- From whom (or what) does Daisy Ridley’s character Rey rescue the ball-droid BB-8 amid the desolate sands of Jakku?
- Which cult-horror movie inspired one of the main characters, and what cuddly child’s toy led to the name of another?
- What are the odds Abrams may come back for Episode IX?
Friday will post the full interview with the answers to these questions, check back here on Friday afternoon for all the new juicy details on Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS hits theaters on December 18th, 2015