While little is known about the film at this point, following yesterday's surprise reveal. Deadline has now released a follow-up report about Quentin Tarantino's untitled Manson Family Murders film that seemingly confirms some key characters and potential casting that sound pretty fricking spectacular.
Here is a quick breakdown of what we know so far.
Plot and story-line:
- The film is rumored to revolve around, or at least follow Sharon Tate, the actress who was pregnant and married to Roman Polanski who ended up being one of the murder victims.
- There is a huge rumor circulating the interwebs right now that this film could potentially do an alternate-history approach to the Manson Family crimes, a la Inglourious Basterds (We highly doubt this one to be true.)
-Only a few names have been confirmed to be circling the project, which may or may not end up actually signing on to the project.
- Suicide Squad and Wolf of Wall Street star Margot Robbie is said to have already taken meetings with Quentin Tarantino about a lead role in the film as actress Sharon Tate.
- Per usual Tarantino casting it appears that Samuel L. Jackson is also being eyed for a role. No word yet on who he would be playing, but its rumored to be a lead role.
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence is also rumored for an unknown role of unknown size.
- Finally, but certainly not least Brad Pitt is being sought to play "the detective investigating the murder."
Now that's some very interesting and very exciting casting choices, right? All of us here at ECmovieguys are all-in on this project and as we declared yesterday, we'll be covering absolutely every single detail that drops pertaining to this badass project.
Stay tuned for more on Tarantino's Untitled Manson Family Movie as it becomes available.