Lucasfilm and Disney officially announced the Blu-Ray/DVD release for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story which will be available for purchase on Tuesday, April 4, while available on Digital HD as of March 24. The announcement also came with a full list of exciting bonus features that will be available as well as the artwork on the Blu-Ray set for Rogue One. However, as most of you will notice below in our comprehensive list of bonus features, there are no officially announced "deleted scenes" accompanying the Blu-ray. Which is odd considering that we all know that essentially a third or maybe even as much as half of this film was re-shot.
Check out all the cool stuff below and let us know your thoughts on Lucasfilm not releasing at least some of what's surely some really cool deleted scenes that we've all seen glimpses of in the trailers. As always, thanks for stopping by ECMOVIEGUYS!
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
“From Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,’ an all-new epic adventure. In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.”
Gareth Edwards’ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, starring Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso, Diego Luna as Cassian Andor, Ben Mendelsohn as Orson Krennic, Donnie Yen as Chirrut Îmwe, Mads Mikkelsen as Galen Erso, Alan Tudyk as K-2SO, Jiang Wen as Baze Malbus, Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera, will be available on Blu-Ray/DVD on Tuesday, April 4.