By Matt O.
WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!!
Luke Skywalker fans, prepare to be excited!
Coming to us from the good folks over at MakingStarWars is a super cool description of what's sure to be one helluva scene in the upcoming sequel to Star Wars: The Force Awakens!
According to MakingStarWars' source, their where "black helmeted medieval looking figures" spotted on the set of Episode VIII, going after Luke Skywalker and Rey on the coast of Ahch-To.
The text below is what the source(s) witnessed:
- Luke Skywalker and Rey are on Ahch-To just before nightfall as the sun sets in the background and it starts to rain.
- Rey’s hair is pulled back. She doesn’t have the same vest on from Episode VII on.
- Luke and Rey are wearing these costumes described before on the set. Click here!
- Kylo Ren and The Knights of Ren turn up along the coast.
- Kylo Ren continues advancing towards the heroes with the Knights of Ren.
- Kylo does not wear the mask here.
- Kylo has the same cross guard saber as he did in Episode VII.
- Kylo’s costume looked the same as it did in Episode VII.
- Rey and Kylo Ren duel one-on-one and end up fighting alongside the cliff face, over looking the night-time water.
- Kylo wants his revenge after Rey disgraced him.
- The Knights of Ren go for Luke Skywalker while Rey is left for Kylo.
- Luke Skywalker engages the knights on the beach while Kylo attempts to kill Rey.
- The first black knight has an axe weapon of some sort and moves towards Luke but is Force pushed away to his death after being thrown through the air.
- After Luke dispatches the first knight he ignites his green lightsaber.
- Luke moves through each knight one by one.
- Rey and Kylo’s battle moves up to the side of a cliff.
- Suddenly Rey is nowhere to be seen. She’s taken out of the battle, either wounded or appears to possibly go over the side of the cliff.
- Luke Skywalker casually walks towards Kylo to finish him but Kylo retreats when he sees Skywalker has defeated his crew.
One source also commented:
“A lot of wire work was used.”
All this just sounds absolutely riveting! The description for this scene featuring Luke Skywalker taking on the Knights of Ren sounds almost to good to be true, which does make me a little nervous. However, editor and chief Jason Ward along with the rest of the good folks over at MakingStarWars are almost always spot on with these scoops and their track record is impeccable.
We have also heard through some of our sources that Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker in this film is a "Badass Jedi Knight" unlike any we have seen on the big-screen before.
If you have any thoughts on this cool scene description, lets all talk about it down below in the comments section, thanks!
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set to hit theaters on December 15, 2017