As Deal Falls Apart, Channing Tatum Looks To Leave 'Gambit' X-Men Film Behind!?!

By Matt O'Bryant

What's up guys and gals,

Looks as though The Gambit solo movie is not doing so well huh, maybe Tatum realized that the reported $157 million dollar budget for the movie was an extremely terrible idea too.

According to The Wrap:

Channing Tatum’s “Gambit” deal is in jeopardy of falling apart and he is planning to exit the comic book project at 20th Century Fox, an individual with knowledge of the situation has told TheWrap.
The studio had been in the process of testing young actresses to star alongside Tatum, including Lea Seydoux, but insiders suggest that director Rupert Wyatt will soon have to find a new leading man.
It is unclear whether Tatum and his producing partner Reid Carolin plan to remain involved in a producing capacity, or whether Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner will move forward on their own.
Representatives for 20th Century Fox and Tatum could not immediately be reached for comment.
— Jeff Sneider @ The Wrap

All jokes aside this is very bad news for the production of the film, because Channing Tatum has been the front runner for this film and really been the sole person trying to get this project off the ground for a very long time. Tatum has said all along that he is a diehard fan of the X-Men character Gambit.

I'd say Fox's Marvel shared universe plan is falling apart before it even begins!

The film is set to be directed by Rupert Wyatt who helmed the well received Planet of the Apes reboot, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Gambit is set to hit theaters on October 7, 2016

Leave us your thoughts on the possibility of Channing Tatum leaving the project below in the comments section, thanks